Pet Care Technician
We are currently seeking to fill summer kennel positions (temporarly/seasonal position). Weekends, holidays and some evenings a must. Shifts start as early as 7am and can go as late as 10pm. Total number of weekly hours from 20-40. Pay rate is $8-10 depending on experience.
We do also have a permanent (year-round) part-time position available hours are approximately 11:30am-6:30pm Fridays-Mondays (some shift changes during peak boarding times).
Apply in person with cover letter & resume during regular business hours - no calls please.
Working in the kennel is a physical job. There will be lifting (up to 50#), crouching, bending, stooping, using step ladders, working on hands & knees, etc. Working with pets is also a dirty job - you can expect to get jumped on, "kissed", and get slobber and fur all over. With pets comes all the potty clean up including cleaning up urine, feces (sometimes diarrhea) and vomit. Work in all weather conditions is required.
The Pet Care Technician's duties include, but are not limited to:
- exercising all sizes, temperaments, and breeds of dogs (letting them out for off-leash play/potty time in the fenced yards)
- taking care of cats (cleaning condos, litter boxes, providing brushing & play time)
- assisting with the bathing, brushing and nail trimming of dogs
- cleaning (kennels/crates/cages, sweeping & mopping floors, washing dishes, scooping grounds, etc.)
The ideal candidate will:
- be at least 18 years of age
- have their own reliable transportation
- have professional pet experience (preferred, but not required) such as veterinary, kennel, pet sitting/walking, shelter/rescue.
- be extremely dependable, mature and conscientious
- have the ability to work well on their own as well as in a team environment
- be observant and show attention to detail
- have very good customer service skills, and basic computer knowledge
- of course love, and be comfortable working with, any and all pets
Doggie Daycare Attendant
We have filled our current position(s). You are welcome to submit your resume, with coverletter, for future consideration.
This position will require attention to detail, extreme dependability, excellent teamwork & communication, and a working knowledge of dog interactions & language (we have an in-house training program as well) to ensure a safe and fun play environment for our doggie friends. This position includes, but is not limited to, some of the following:
Being a daycare attendant is a physical job just like all positions in the kennel. It requires being on your feet throughout the day on both concrete and uneven outside play areas. Bending, stooping, kneeling for cleaning are constant.
- supervise, monitor and control the interactions of dogs during playtime
- assist in the screening and introduction of new dogs into the playgroup(s)
- cleaning of kennel, grounds and play areas