***Position Currently Filled*** Minimum hours are 20/week (Tuesday & Thursday), additional hours (up to 40/week) available as a pet care tech. Wage is $9-10+ per hour to start, depending on experience.
This position will require attention to detail, extreme dependability, excellent teamwork & communication, and a working knowledge of dog interactions & language (we have an in-house training program as well) to ensure a safe and fun play environment for our doggie friends. This position includes, but is not limited to, some of the following:
Being a daycare attendant is a physical job just like all positions in the kennel. It requires being on your feet throughout the day on both concrete and uneven outside play areas. Bending, stooping, kneeling for cleaning are constant.
Pet Care Technician
We are looking for kennel office help. This position is part to 3/4 time, seasonal (summer) with the potential for year-round/permanent. Hours will primarily be on the weekdays, Monday-Friday covering portions of our regular business hours (7a-6p), with the occasional weekend and holiday. Pay is $10+ DOE. Please apply in person with your cover letter & resume.
The ideal candidate will:
- have at least 2 years customer service experience (both phone and in-person)
- be reliable
- show attention to detail
- work well on own but be able to communicate well with the rest of the team
- have basic understanding of computers/programs
Duties will include some of the following:
- make, take and return phone calls, text/fb messages, and email
- check in & out pets for boarding, grooming and doggie daycare
- light cleaning and pet handling
Currently hiring for Pet Care and our kennel office!
We are hiring for part and/or full time Pet Care helpers for the summer with opportunity to be year-round. Must be able to work weekend, evenings and holidays. We are also looking for a part time kennel office customer service rep. More information about the positions below. Apply in person with your resume during our regular business hours, no calls please.
Doggie Daycare Attendant
Welcome to Honey Creek!
Weekends, holidays and some evenings are a requirement. Shifts start as early as 7am and can go as late as 10pm. Total number of weekly hours from 10-40. Pay rate is $8.75-11+ to start, depending on experience.
Apply in person with cover letter & resume during regular business hours - no calls please.
Working in the kennel is a physical job. There will be lifting (up to 50#), crouching, bending, stooping, using step ladders, working on hands & knees, etc. Working with pets is also a dirty job - you can expect to get jumped on, "kissed", and get slobber and fur all over. With pets comes all the potty clean up including cleaning up urine, feces (sometimes diarrhea) and vomit. Work in all weather conditions is required.
The Pet Care Technician's duties include, but are not limited to:
- exercising all sizes, temperaments, and breeds of dogs (letting them out for off-leash play/potty time in the fenced yards)
- taking care of cats (cleaning condos, litter boxes, providing brushing & play time)
- assisting with the bathing, brushing and nail trimming of dogs
- cleaning (kennels/crates/cages, sweeping & mopping floors, washing dishes, scooping grounds, etc.)
The ideal candidate will:
- be at least 16 years of age (required minimum due to insurance)
- have their own reliable transportation
- have professional pet experience (preferred, but not required) such as veterinary, kennel, pet sitting/walking, shelter/rescue.
- be extremely dependable, mature and conscientious
- have the ability to work well on their own as well as in a team environment
- be observant and show attention to detail
- have very good customer service skills, and basic computer knowledge
- of course love, and be comfortable working with, any and all pets
Kennel Office/Customer Service